Monday, July 1, 2013

Goals Update from June

I know I'm a broken record, but I can't believe another month has already finished!

As you scroll through the post, you can see that I am taking pictures...I just haven't had any printed out in a while.  There's a summer project for me!

Fitness:  Not happening at the gym, at least for the summer.  I am going to be content with walking the dog around the neighborhood for now.


 Reading/blurbing:  still going strong.  Will post the blurbs around the 15th.

New Recipes:  Totally nailed this one.  Here's what we tried new:
Chicken Francaise (epicurious): the restaurant favorite, just as good at home
Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken (Dinner A Love Story): going into the rotation.  Actually just going to start putting yogurt on everything because it's so tasty, but I digress.

 Fried chicken with Spicy Raspberry Honey (Good Housekeeping): I don't usually love raspberries, but this spicy honey was the bomb.
Ice Box Cake (Good Housekeeping): it's a dessert, but it was so pretty!  Definitely too big for just us.  It's a showstopper for a party, though.

 Strawberry and Arugula Salad with Manchego Fricos (Better Homes and Gardens): pretty good, but I really didn't have enough balsamic to really get the full effect.  Will probably make again.
Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato & Corn Tumble (Better Homes and Gardens): summer on a plate.  Definitely making again.
 Some of our Summer Goals include going to the beach frequently, reading as much as I possibly can, and having a picnic dinner.
 I haven't decided whether I am going to enter this year's Grange Fair.  The booklet came in the mail last week.
 I have two shawls I'm working on.  One I started last year; the other I started last month.  I hope to have them finished by the time the weather turns. Although it would also be nice to have at least one of them to fend off chill of overzealous air conditioners.  Slow and steady is the motto for the knitting.
Enjoy the Fourth of July this week!  Happy Summer!


No comments: