Tuesday, April 9, 2013

501

I can't believe this is my 501st post!  I really can't believe that I didn't notice the 500 post milestone.  When I started this blog in 2007, the kids were just-turned-7, 5, and almost 3.  


They are now about-to-turn-13, 11, and 9-and-a-half. 

Our office (where I type at the computer) is still the same color--the bookshelf is full to overflowing, and we're on to a new chair, and we're probably on our third or fourth floor mat underneath the chair.

There's a different dog now.  There are definitely more things hanging on the walls all throughout the house.  

When I began here, I didn't have a clear vision for what I wanted this space to be.  This blog was my version of sending out a message into space to see if anyone was listening.  I still don't have a clear vision for this space, and that lack of vision may explain why I'm not here as often as I'd like.

Can I tell you a secret?

This space here?  It's my Fight Club.

The first rule of my blog is that I don't discuss my blog.  It's my only rule.

For no other reason than I feel silly admitting to real, live people that I do this.

I think it's time to throw out that rule.

Because arbitrary and capricious rules are a bummer.

No comments: