Thursday, March 24, 2011

All over the place

I really admire those of you who can continue to post regularly through life's busy seasons.  Even though I may not post for a while, rest assured I'm still reading--even if I don't comment.  When life gets crazy, something has to give...so we've been busy.  The birthday weekend was full of just about everything.  There was even a parenting lesson that became painfully obvious while watching our now-nine-year-old crash and burn at her birthday dinner.  There is such a thing as too much stimulation, even at that age!
 The family celebration on Sunday was a low-key affair.  The time change really did a number on me this year!  Last week I splurged at the local fabric store--I bought a couple of the pricey Echino half-yard cuts and I made a new spring bag:
 And another tote-type bag, too.  Because I might have some knitting or reading to haul around once baseball season begins.
 Last Friday our temperature went up to 70 degrees.  We had windows open.  The kids wanted to grill dinner.  The kids also wanted to get on their bathing suits (I vetoed that one).  And yesterday it was snowing.  I told Caroline that it was the last snow she'd see for the year. Until this morning, when it was lightly snowing/sleeting/raining again.
 This weekend, the boys are going to work on their rockets for the next scout derby.  I think I'll be working on the garden.  This is my first try at sowing seeds indoors.  Wish me luck!
I wish you all a relaxing weekend that is full of whatever you need!

6 comments:

blandina said...

Fabulous bags and terrific fabric, well done!

Meredith said...

Beautiful work on those bags!! Glad to hear all is going well.

Journeying Five said...

liking the bags and so understand the busy parts of life.

stitching under oaks said...

the bags are adorable. Such fun fabrics. Enjoy the busy-ness...we'll be here when you have time to post. Have a great week!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are a master at making bags. I especially love the fabric of that second one. Those birds line up perfectly. And what's with that snow? We've been freezing cold here too -- all my yardwork plans have been put on hold.

Larissa said...

oh, meg i read this post several days ago but never left a comment. i've been running around lately because greg and i decided that we may need a home in williamsburg (an hour from our house) in order to attend enough temple, hebrew school and private lessons fro ezra's bar mitzvah next year. then david's two years later and then abby's three years after that. to sum it up i am (and will be) doing a ton of driving each week and having a secong house to care for and clean may or may not be the solution. i'm not sure that any of this makes sense and i'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

Love your bags! money so well spent on the fabrics. i totally feel that no matter what the project, the fabric choice makes all the difference. the way you used binding type strips for the handles in the first bad is awesome!

Love seeing your family shots. and i know all about 9 year olds crashing - only difference is that my 9yr old will be 10 in three weeks!

Hope your week is going well - and good luck with those seeds - let us know how it goes.