Monday, September 13, 2010

Scattered

Hey, there.  It's me.  Hopefully next fall I'll remember that the kids are not the only ones who have trouble transitioning into new routines. 

I've been spinning my wheels.  Not really sure of what I want to do, and as a result, not doing much! 

Six hours of kid-free time sure sounds like a lot (and it is), but I sure can fritter it away without much to show for it.

I miss being here.

This Thursday, I am getting on a plane by myself.  I will be picked up at the airport by one of my oldest friends, and she and I (to borrow from Brad Paisley) are going to drive until the map turns blue.  Where we will meet up with a couple more friends.  And we're gonna sit in the sand and just be. 

And when I come home on Monday, I'm going to be so very happy to see my little ones again.  I know that just a little time and distance will be just the thing to get me out of this funk. 

7 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

wow! have a great trip. that's pretty exciting to have a girlfriend time away. enjoy every minute of it!

Meredith said...

So happy for your trip away...that sounds like just what the dr. ordered. I feel the same funk my friend...chat me up when you return if you want to talk about it. Finding the groove in those six hours is weird, I get it! Safe travels!!

Larissa said...

Sounds amazing! Have a wonderful time and laugh at lot. Sitting on the sand with friends sounds wonderful. I just took my kiddos to the beach and I didn't sit for a second because abigail must throw herself into the water every time she see's a wave. I'll be thinking of you. Enjoy your weekend!!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Psyche! You are going to have such an amazing time. Enjoy the time away. The kids will be just fine. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. They'll truly appreciate all you do for them....And you just go have some fun.

Imene said...

A trip on your own!! Lady I would kill for that. Enjoy it and we'll be here when you come back!

Kristyn Knits said...

what a wonderful blessing! they are going to LOVE their presents!! how special of you. be fully present with them and enjoy the time!

dodi said...

oh, I have post envy! Here's hoping you had a great time, Meg!! Lots of laughter, good food, good friends = a much happier momma. Good for you! :)