Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Season, New Rhythm

The kids are in school until next Friday, but they have already shifted into summer mode.  There really isn't any more homework, so they come home from school long enough to say, "hi!" and then they're off to friends' houses until dinnertime.  All extracurricular activities have ended for the year,  so we really don't have to be anywhere.  I really like it.

Most nights after supper, Rob and I walk outside to view our "garden."  I think that growing our own food is pretty much magical.  It starts out as a tiny seed, and a few weeks later, you pluck it and eat it!

I have been thinking about this space and how I spend my time...and I think I may be taking on a summer schedule where I post maybe once or twice a week.  Or maybe just picture posts.  I have re-joined the gym (yay!), so my mornings are going to include a lot more downward-facing dog and less google reader.  Rob has started a new job (another big yay!), so this summer we will be easing ourselves into whatever routine his job is going to require.  As my yoga teacher says, "flexible bodies, flexible minds!"

We'll be working on our flexibility.  We'll also be working on that garden--I just love watching the tomatoes grow.  Delayed gratification at its best!  We'll be at the library often.  We'll probably be at the pool, too.  I'll keep a pitcher of lemonade in the fridge for when you stop by...

2 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Have yourself a wonderful summer doing all that the things you want -- from gym time to kids' time to garden time. Just enjoy -- because it is the shortest season of all!

Heather said...

Enjoy this beautiful season