Sunday, January 13, 2008

So, yesterday I went shopping here, and I bought eggs, bacon, some filets and some other stuff. I think the greatest part of my excursion was the chickens roaming the parking lot when I pulled in. Call me strange, but I find chickens to be both tasty and hilarious. And when I was driving away, I passed several other farms. One farm's sign said "American Bison", and damn if I didn't look up and see one standing right next to the fence! That doesn't happen every day. I think the most disturbing part of my venture into semi-rural Pennsylvania was how development is encroaching everywhere. I'd drive by a barn, and over the next hill I could see three developments. The developments looked like eyesores!

This morning we had farm-fresh bacon and scrambled eggs. Pretty tasty! Tonight I'll get my first taste of locally-raised grass fed beef.

Today we went bowling. I bowled a rock-solid 85. I just kill, don't I? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how I continue to be so bad at rolling a ten pound ball down a lane. As we finished our game, the disco lights were turned on. Wow, did I wonder where the time went--I remember when we used to go midnight bowling--with disco lights and pitchers of beer.

This has been a random post, I know, but I'm trying to organize my thoughts while the kids swing from the rafters. It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. That should be fun--we haven't really had any decent snowfall so far this season.

No comments: