Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Freakin' COLD!



I'm baking brownies right now, and believe it or not, I'm not baking them because I crave brownies. I'm baking them because I'm trying to heat up this damn house! I'm freezing!




Damn that Al Gore (and our ridiculous heating bills), I keep our thermostat set to 65 degrees during the day, and most days, I'm cold. So I'm wearing jeans, a long-sleeved tee, and a sweater (and socks and shoes), and my fingers are like moveable icicles and my teeth are chattering. And here's the kicker--this is not an especially cold day today! I think we're going to break forty today. I have already kicked up the thermostat to 68 (70 is as high as I'll go), and now I'm running the oven at 325 for the next 45 minutes or so. After the brownies come out, I'm going to stand around the open oven door like it's a cozy campfire.


The children are cleaning--I had better go check on that. Last time I saw Bobby he was holding the broom like a baseball bat.

No comments: