Friday, May 7, 2010

Hey there

Hmm, another week gone by?  You know how it is--spring time is crazy with activities.  Baseball games, dance class, dance pictures, birthday parties, et cetera.  Throw in some random spring-time illnesses for the kiddies and you've got a whole lot of fun.  Most everyone is improving--but now I've reached that point in the allergy season where the Zyrtec just can't do any more for me, so I've been a mouth-breathing, itchy-eyed, snoring (according to Rob) mess the last couple of nights.  Tomorrow we're taking the kids to their first Phillies game!  I think I am more excited than they are.

This is the only knitting I've done recently.  It's the mitered hanging towel from one of the Mason-Dixon books.  It's very Fourth of July, I know, but the yarn was on sale.  I am going to make some more of these.  The towel holder in our downstairs bathroom is kinda high, so when the kids go to dry their hands on the hand towel, they inevitably pull it down and then it just lands on the floor because they're too short to put it back in the towel holder.  Not any more!  Now this bad boy is firmly attached, so they can dry their hands and move on to the next thing. 

The Lily of the Valley are blooming in front of our house.  I do just love these sweet little flowers.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

6 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Ugh...I hate finding hand towels in the sink after the kids wash their hands. This is a great solution. I might have to go stash diving and find some yarn to knit some up. Happy Mother's Day!!

Unknown said...

I love Lily of the Valley, it smells so heavenly.

I know what you mean about spring, it's always busy here too.

Jules

Meredith said...

super cute towel and beautiful flowers! Be glad your poor nose isn't in Knoxville...THE ALLERGY CAPITAL OF THE NATION. It is horrid! Feel better.

dodi said...

I just did MY first Phillies game too! Phils vs Cardinals -- good game! We even took the girls out of school to go. ssshhhh... I know! Hope you have a wonderful time. Beautiful weather! :)

Larissa said...

Oh we have the worst ever allergies this year too - it's hot and windy and the pollen is blowing all around. Your towel is a great idea! my guys never hang the towel up either - that loop is perfect. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Journeying Five said...

I love your towel, so patriotic! Would be great to put out on festive days!