Monday, March 1, 2010

Here we go...

Looking at my calendar makes me think I'm getting too cocky about my progress on Caitlin's sweater.  The back and left front are done--that leaves only the right front, the sleeves, the button bands and the finishing.  (Piece of cake, right?) 

But then I look at the calendar and I can see that it's going to be full-on crazy around here until March 14.  I have meetings at school, a kindergarten show and tell, another dentist appointment for Caitlin and a church council retreat--all in addition to the regularly scheduled fun.

Actually, make that March 19--the father-daughter dance is that day, and everyone wants to wear a costume.  This year it's a pirate theme, and even Rob is getting into the spirit of it.  I'll be sewing puffy shirts, arrgh!

I'm not complaining so much as psyching myself up for all of this.  I'm trying to internalize the schedule changes so I can help the little ones handle it.  Some of them get freaked out by changes in routine.  Or maybe that's just me...

5 comments:

Larissa said...

that three-tiered sweater is awesome! your girlie will love it! and i totally hear you on how crazy over scheduled march is turning out to be - we also have a full schedule. i love that you chose to be pirates for the dance. and i'm laughing (with you of course) that you will have to sew every single one of those costumes pictured + one - just think how cute you all will look! can't wait for the family photo. have a wonderful day!

Christie said...

Most of those sound like great places to knit. I took up knitting because I was going to so many meetings and wanted to keep my hands busy.

Meredith said...

Good luck with all your craftiness!! You can do it....

Kristyn Knits said...

whether it's you or them, I think getting everyone prepared in advance for changes, so there isn't any "freaking out" is a good thing. and so is all your creating.

Karen said...

The sweater's looking good. Not that you need another project but I want to make this next time I need to be pirate-y: http://knitwitknitters.blogspot.com/2009/04/arrrrrr-walk-plank.html

Good luck with your deadlines!
Karen