Friday, January 22, 2010

Sneak peek

A couple of nights ago, I just couldn't sleep. I had a million things going through my mind, and I just couldn't turn it off. I've been spinning my wheels creatively the last couple of weeks. (I was between knitting projects...that's never a good thing!) Anyway, earlier in the week I had decided to go ahead and focus on the kids' Valentine's day presents. They are usually homemade, with a little candy thrown in for fun. Last year I made appliqued t-shirts for the kids. The girls loved theirs, Bobby thought his was stupid and he never wore his.

Here are last year's shirts:



This year, I decided that I would just buy a new shirt for Bobby (and Old Navy had a cool Spiderman shirt, so I know he'll love it) and I'm making shirts for the girls.

So while I was tossing and turning the other night, I kept thinking "peace, love and something . . . music? no. candy? what sort of candy is easily identifiable and can be stenciled? candy cane? no. Wait! KISSES! Hershey kisses!"

Then I was so excited that I had figured it out I couldn't go back to sleep.



So this is where I am in the process now. I found all the graphics (thank you google image search--another new trick I just learned!) Now I just need to sit down with my exacto knife and some freezer paper and I'll be on my way.


I decided to give a sneak peek just to share the idea--please feel free to borrow and improve upon it.

And for their cards, I'm using Jennifer's fabric card tutorial that is over on Sew, Mama, Sew.

So I feel my crafting mojo returning, which is a good thing. A mojo-less mama is not good. And I have a new knitting project! Happy weekend to you all. I'll be out in the cold again selling Girl Scout Cookies.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Meg, those would sell like hotcakes!! With all your talent and ideas, have you ever thought of opening an etsy shop?? I think you'd do well.

I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Amy said...

what areally cute idea! I may have to steal this one for scrapbooking!

Kristyn Knits said...

how wonderful!! I love your idea!
have to pop over and see your card plans. and can't wait to see your new knitting project. have a great weekend!

larissa said...

Hershey's kisses? you are totally brilliant! what a great idea. I still have your heart pillow idea filed away. I've been thinking about Jennifer's card too - maybe for my husband. Stay warm selling all those cookies and have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah said...

These are going to be super cute.